- 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
How to make vegetarian curry:
- Place the aubergine (eggplant), carrots, peas, French beans and potato in a medium-sized saucepan. Add 250ml/8fl oz/1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Cover, turn the heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until the vegeatbles are just tender.
- Meanwhile put the coconut, chillies, poppy seeds and salt in the container of an electric blender. Add 150ml/5fl oz water and grind to a fine paste. Set aside.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the spice paste and another 150ml/5fl oz water. Stir and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Now add the tomatoes, the yogurt and the garam masala. Stir gently to mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Turn into a serving dish and garnish the vegetable curry with the fresh coriander.